Agronomist (Korat Based)
- Contribute the agribusiness team to establish and grow reliable and sustainable sources of tapioca supply according to the company's growth plan.
- Monitor the production and crop condition, make observation in the field, identify gap and corrective actions.
- Work closely with farmers, academics and related institutes, as well as internal parties.
- Maintain relationship and participation of current farmers and recruit additional farmers into the program.
- Manage planting material of waxy cassava from and to among the current and new farmers.
- Promote adoption of best practices to farmers and deliver positive impact to the program. Establish educational materials as needed.
- Conduct necessary experiment to prove technology and find easy-to-adopt application.
- Provide recommendation of simple & effective solution to individual or group of farmers in need.
- Manage the harvesting plan to align between harvest and plant grinding schedule.
- Manage various means of communication with farmers and relevant parties.
- Have a thorough understanding of agronomical knowledge and application. The areas include soil nutrition and management, pests and diseases, water management, use of agrochemicals and organic products, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, or related fields.
- 1-3 years of experience in agricultural development projects.
- Excellent communication skills; comfort with working with a team based in multiple locations.
- Be able to travel and work in the assigned areas.
- Interpersonal skill, team player and enjoy working with people at all levels.
- Self-motivated. Can work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel.