Business Unit Director
Business Unit Director - Developing markets (Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Cambodia and Lao) is responsible for the total P&L of business in these 6 markets which is to be proactive and comprehensive in managing the assigned business, people and partner in the right way to achieve its aspirational potential.
Business Unit Director will lead and direct the business in these markets to achieve the agreed targets of both short and long terms such as sales volume, revenue, distribution, spending, and profitability. He/ she constructs both short- and long-term strategies and ensure all strategies are implemented effectively and efficiently.
- Define short- and long-term strategies of the business and brands in designated markets and get alignment with management.
- Effectively implement strategic goals against agreed time frames.
- Continuously conduct in-depth analysis of the markets and provide sound proposals or alternative actions to mitigate any negative impacts to the achievement of strategic goals.
- Continuously monitor competitive activities and implement proactive interventions to build the key performance index of the business against competitors in the markets.
- Develop annual business plans and gain agreement from management.
- Work closely with management team and distributor to drive for achievement of targets and key performance index (KPI). This includes the mutual discussion and design of the distributor's infrastructure, manpower, and costs which is aligned with the direction and budget.
- Develop monthly reports or as appropriate about the development of the business, the market and organization e.g. market situation, sales & marketing performance, supply information, and etc.
- Proactively improve efficient operation of the business ensuring there are no disruptions to the achievement of targets and goals.
- Work collaboratively with related function of distributor and supporting function in to ensure smooth running of the operation.
- Regularly provide up to date and accurate data on re-forecast numbers on sales, A&P and overhead to finance team to do financial modeling at the set periods.
- Take responsibility for developing, optimizing an efficient budget spending plan for the business including an advertising budget, promotion budget, trade budget, discount budget, and overhead budget.
- Monitor budget spending the Indonesia business in collaboration with the Finance team and revise plans according to quarterly re-forecast.
- Work with the Finance team to ensure spending within financial control framework.
- Effectively lead, coach, and direct all members of your team.
- Establish and maintain sustainable relationships with employees, distributors and partners.
- Work with the GM and HR Director to ensure the effective development of staff and improvement in the overall productivity of the local organization. Maintain best practice and code of conduct at all times
- Conduct regular performance management reviews with local staff and direct reports.
- Create Individual Development Plans for the local staff and direct reports.
- Acts as a fully contributing member of the regional team to support and drive the growth of the business
- Actively contribute to major business decisions that impact the performance and take on additional assigned project (if needed)
- Experience in managing P&L of business and distributor management is a must
- More than 5-year experience in commercial role of branded food and beverage
- Bachelor's degree graduate in Business Administration or related fields
- Able to communicate in English both writing and speaking.
- Able to travel in these 6 markets
The successful candidate will be provided a promising career opportu
nity and attractive compensation package. To submit your application, in strict confidence, please send your full resume in Word format by click "Apply Now"
For a confidential discussion, please call 02-106-8620. Your application will be treated with strict confidential.
en world Recruitment (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Athenee Tower, 12th Floor, Unit 1201-1202
63 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
Tel: +66 (2) 106 8600 | Fax: +66 (0) 2654 0901