- Lead a team of engineering professionals in optimization of processes to improve productivity.
- Lead, develop and work with R&D, production, test and equipment departments in implementing modern manufacturing and automation processes.
- Take ownership in solving quality and process problems resulting from, man, machines, materials, design as well as from the suppliers etc.
- Lead, develop, manage and work with the various departments to fulfill management targets.
- Be conversant with lean cell and SPC concepts and be a leading figure in implementing the aforesaid concepts. Implement CP, CPK studies.
- Constantly coach and review your departments' targets to ensure alignment with company goals.
- Be a champion in cost reduction projects. Set continuous improvement mentality throughout the whole company.
- Provide training and development of his staff in technical knowledge and manufacturing processes.
- Work together with other departments in solving technical and quality issues.
- Embrace ROFO (Responsibility, Ownership, Focus & On-time delivery) principles and be a key player in driving production in achieving quality and on- time delivery targets.
- Ensure machines & molds are properly maintained so that delivery and quality of products are not suffered.
- Ensure discipline is in place for the total process as well as QC inspectors and production.
- You may from time to time be assigned tasks by your superior that may not directly related to Engineering /Quality but related to other department functions. In so doing you are learning to multi - task yourself.
- Embrace the principle of continuous improvement wholeheartedly.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science. Additional a Master's Degree in Engineering or Science would be desirable.
- 10 to 20 years working experience in a global organization with factory operations spread over Asia, Europe or USA, which consist of:
- 5 to 10 years as an engineer working at shop floor level.
- 5 to 10 years as a senior engineer or manager leading a team of professional engineers.
- Team player with interpersonal skill and enjoy working with people at all levels.
- Good Command in English