- Design and develop highly scalable, highly available, reliable, secure and fault tolerant systems with minimal guidance for one of the world's fastest growing company in travel
- Translate business requirements into scalable and extensible design
- Lead, mentor and manage deliverables of a team of talented and highly motivated team of engineers.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams (Mobile, DevOps, UX, QA etc.) on planning and execution
- Proactively manage stakeholder communication related to deliverables, risks, changes and dependencies
- Provide technology leadership to the team and foster engineering excellence
- Experience of relevant software development experience
- Hands on experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying applications on Java, Ruby or Go for large scale applications
- Deep knowledge of Linux: CentOS, Fedora, or Ubuntu
- Deep knowledge of one of the following platforms - Java (JVM), Ruby or Go
- Proficient in OOP, SQL, Design Patterns. Experience with functional programming is a plus.
- Data modelling experience in Relational and NoSQL databases
- Ability to understand and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery