- Is responsible to ensure that credit risk is balanced with business objectives, targets are met and that only valid claims with proper management authorization are paid.
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management (excluding inventory related items) and royalty management.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules. This currently entails a real-time review of each instrument order and its terms for changes needed and determination of proper timing of revenue recognition. Involves significant interaction with Sales and Customer Service groups.
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives requirements.
- Supervises the completion of tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation. Also, assists Corporate Tax, Treasury and Risk departments with dealing with tax related issues and meeting reporting requirements.
- Ensures that the computer system continues to operate as required. Involved invalidating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for the continued development of these associates.
- Will have direct management responsibility for the following: General Accountants, Credit Manager & Accounts Payable/Billing Supervisor
- Male or Female age over 40 years old, Thai nationality only.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 10 years experience in the Accounting & Finance function with a proven record as Management level.
- CPA is required with background from reputation Audit firms.
- Knowledge of IFRS regulation.
- Strong accounting, finance, and taxation background.