Product Manager - Solanaceae / Corn Seed
- Develops an organized and systematic market and customer research process and takes the lead in collecting data regarding new and emerging needs, trends, practices and issues related to crops from multiple sources of information as well as conducts regular competitive intelligence regarding competitors.
- Consolidates, analyzes and summarizes collected data. Discusses country-relevant market insights, requirements and recommendations with Sales for alignment.
- Ensures that the country need/s are considered and supported at the Group-level crop master planning, crop strategy development and product development processes.
- Actively participates in the product portfolio mix planning and financial forecasting as part of the annual budget planning exercise.
- Works collaboratively with all global parties both R&D and Commercial in developing new product concept/profile that meets the specific market requirements of the country.
- Signs off on new product development plans that impacts the country.
- Monitors the product development process and keeps track of the agreed timelines.
- Responsible for market introduction activities and summarizing the results for sharing with global partnering prior actual formal product launch in the country. Creates a comprehensive and well-thought out marketing strategy for product lines by defining the value and target positioning of each product.
- Develops the marketing communication materials/tools that highlights the differentiating features, advantages and benefits (FAB) of our products versus competition. Trains salesforce on how to use these marketing tools to support value-based selling propositions to customers.
- Develops product promotion plans and works with in-house partners
- Gathers customer and market feedback by regularly participating in field visits
- Accountable for maintaining the financial health and competitive position of the product lines.
- Conducts price analysis and monitors competitors' pricing to guide the pricing strategy.
- Manages the operating budget of the department and ensures that spending are controlled.
- Prepares business cases for CAPEX requirements, as applicable.
- Identifies the most effective distribution channel for product lines. Evaluates and recommends new channels as applicable.
- Consolidates product complaints and coordinates with internal resource persons/teams for proper disposition and resolution and acts as the main spokesperson of the company for handling product complaints with customers.
- Builds and develops the team's capability by assessing and identifying competency gaps and recommending appropriate development interventions.
- Experienced at least 5 years in a similar role gained from an agriculture or consumer industry
- Strong sense of business ownership vs mere 'product ownership' (thinking and acting like a true enterprise owner) and passionate to deliver results
- Balances all important factors when making decisions
- Sharply analytical and data management savvy yet remains intuitive
- Effective communicator; able to package and deliver messages in a clear and convincing manner and able to influence the right action from audience
- Strong execution capability
- Willing to frequency travelling across the regions in Thailand.
- A natural orchestrator; able to keep the team moving along the same direction and same pace with high degree of creativity and innovativeness