Production Shift Supervisor (Food Manufacturing Base in Kalasin)
- Ensure the smooth running of production processes. Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers. Take full responsibility of the shift in terms of staff management, production and quality targets management also the quality and product that is produced within the shift in line with the company's quality systems, processes and procedures. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Perform all Environmental, Health and Safety activities and ensure EHS rules and regulations are well followed through during the shift.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations. Supervise production line operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures such as standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Play a key leading role in making decisions, problem solving and troubleshooting within the shift to ensure that all team members can identify root causes and take prompt effective action to resolve the problems in hands and within the shift. Coordinate with other departments to support shift activities smoothly.
- Drive and maintain good performance management behavior, KPI roll down, DRM, Action Logs, Visual Board, Short Interval Control, MWBA.
- Lead and responsible for ensuring company resources are used in an effective manner over best operating costs and Company's standard such as ISO, GMP, HACCP and etc. Play an active role in the company continuous improvement efficiently and implement cost smart approach effectively.
- Work closely with other Superintendent to ensure production shift paperwork/handovers are properly accomplished and communicated thoroughly. Ensure good mutual communication and understanding are given and taken on verbal and written format to all staff members.
- Manage, develop and motivate direct reporting staff and ensure that the training skills are met for current and future demands of the shift. Conduct employee performance review and coordinate with Human Resources department for appropriate staffing levels and staff performance issues.
- Maintain high housekeeping standards to ensure a clean, tidy, hygiene and always ready for customer visit on the time.
- Reporting unusual the cause of personal safety, working environment, food safety defects or risk of food safety effect to QA manager or responsible person and participate to investigation of the cause and specify corrective and preventive action.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering and/or related fields in chemical-based Production department.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in chemical-based manufacturing, direct experience in modified starch, sweetener or food manufacturing will be advantage.
- Graduated in Diploma and used to work as a shift leader or foreman at least 5 years in production is considerable.
- Strong leadership skill, hands on and flexible to work in shift working time.
- Be able to communicate in English is advantage