- Evaluate and recommendation for improvement on internal control over branch's activities, identify weakness control and non-compliance issues through regular on-site audit, related regular meeting & committee i.e. DOC and Fraud, and Branch Audit Scoring.
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the completeness of audit assignment with acceptable level of quality (including audit personnel arrangement, audit scope & program, audit documentation, exit meeting, result communication and audit follow-up).
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention via regular audit/ICD meeting, audit report, regular and/or ad-hoc meeting.
- Assist other ICD functions (ORM, Fraud, QA & Customer Complaints, HO and Business Process Audit) in performing related tasks i.e. J-SOX assessment, fraud investigation, Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA).
- Enhance audit quality and create new effective audit methodology to meet standard expectation as well as coach for teams to perform professional audit work in order to achieve company-wide goals.
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Accounting, Business Administration, Management or Related fields.
- Minimum 10 years experiences in internal audit - operation audit, compliance audit or branch operation audit.
- Able to travel to work as the audit plan in the up - country, temporary schedule.
- Minimum 5 years on the supervisory or managerial role or position.
- Background from financial institute or insurance will be a big plus.
- Logical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good command in English (spoken & written).
- CIA will be a plus.